Saturday, September 18, 2004

changing default drive in a web project

One of the side effects of my partition obsession was the rearranging of drive letter assignments. So, my memory stick was recognized on a different drive that when I created the VisualStudio.net project.
What I learned:
-In IIS all of the objects/containers and everything contained in them must have their path changed accordingly.

-This will result in the new path showing up as the location of the project in the VisualStudio.net start page.

-The project will not be found.

-Reviewing the steps I took to set up the web server and the project, reminded me that I had to go into Tool/Options and choose projects and solutions to set the project path.

-Once I corrected that path, the project was found and opened.

No comments: