Monday, August 30, 2004

hanging by a thread

Ok, these last four days have been one thing after another. I got to work hanging by a thread and then the tread broke.
A little background. I bought a new Sony Vaio desktop in May to replace my 4 year old HP. I love, I mean LOVE this computer and the Sony software. Two weeks ago I installed SP2 and it sent my computer into a perpetual restart loop: Boot up, WindowsXP splash screen, power down, boot up.....
I took it to guys I know at Best Buy No. Olmsted. They were stymied for 3 days. One of them (who is taking classes at LCCC that really paid off) finally cracked into dos with a "dos simulation" program and uninstalled SP2. Everthings back to normal I'm a happy gal.

Over the last four days the buildup has beed relentless: Take Mom on a 6 hour round trip to visit an Uncle with alzheimer's so sever he can't read or remember his own name. The 13 year old dog can't get up on his own and can barely support his 120 lbs when we lift him. Its looking like the end of the road for him, my house is a mess and stinks to high heaven and my husband keeps hoping he'll get better.

You must understand that my life is pretty full and it doesn't have room for missteps or things going awry. I work 8-5 M-Th and take class 2 days a week in the middle of my workday on Tu & Th. I make up those class hours by working 4 hours Fri mornings and an additional 1/2 hour 2x a week. Fri nights, Sat & Sun afternoons I work as a marketing agent for 6 hours at Best Buy. On Monday nights I have a yoga class when I can get there. I'm not complaining, just offering explanation to those of you who will wonder why I'm so frazzled as a result of my latest adventure.

So, this takes us to the final threads of the rope I'm clinging to.

No comments: