Saturday, October 30, 2004

hooking a database

I feel hopeful that I'm going to get this process. But, I struggle with the database/SQL piece. Everything takes so long because I seem to have to look up how to do everything. Still I guess that just means I haven't done it enough times to remember. It seems difficult to create a decent view with the webform. And I'm unclear how a whole project comes together with static html and dynamic html. I wonder if its easier to creat the visual presentation in html, add it as an existing item and convert the necessary pices to rich server controls or whatever they need to be.

1 comment:

Mike said...

that is always a tough call...often one will mock up an html document to get the design/layout down, and then add dynamic components...

really there is no "formula" though...