Saturday, October 31, 2009

Larmco Windows

Careful doing business with Larmco windows. I made an appointment and made it clear my husband wouldn't be there. I even joked about giving him no choice. I told her I was just getting my first of several estimates anyway, so no decision would be made that day. Then she told me their 'special' was running out on the day of my appointment. But I could have a few days to make a decision and could ask for a 30 day estimate. Lo & behold, yesterday, I saw the same ad running for 2 more weeks.

A couple days later I got a confirmation call. This person told me they can't give an estimate without my husband there. I said 'then don't come'. Her response: 'sorry we couldn't help you' then she hung up! So, I recapped the 2 calls in an email. This morning I got a message from person #1. She remembered the call; 'There must have been a miss communication, she didn't tell me it would be ok that my husband wouldn't be there, company policy forbids talking to just half of the couple, she would NEVER have said it was ok.' Sounds like a lot of back peddling to me. And a company policy of a hard close on the first visit. Bottom line is they flat out lied to get the appointment, then lied to cover it up.

No comments: