Monday, November 08, 2004

Passing parameters (or the latest nightmare)

So, last class we discussed passing parameters using the datagrid and property builder in asp.net. I can't say I get it really. But, I can follow my notes. And, confidence is defcon 3 that I can learn the "do the work for you" portion of the software. (defcon 1 being my brain simply vaporizing with no hope of ever reversing the adverse affects of trying unsuccessfully to get this stuff).

I'm still a little fuzzy on the why's, what for's and what this accomplishes pieces but what goes right over my head is coding. So far over my head that I had one of those disconnected dream sequenses that you only see in the movies over the weekend. You know, jumping from scene to scene with no connection from one to the next. I was seeing the code from class being written in the air, reading it as it distorted on paper, heard bits and pieces of the lecture, lol even saw my instructor out biking as I was being dizzied with incomprehensible babbles of explanation. It was bizzare. So, I did nothing the next day, no reading, no internet, no homework. I spent the evening watching the Browns be the disappointment we've come to expect them to be.

Tonight, I opened my mail and found my reminder to look for information on passing more than one parameter in ASP.net. I found this article and, I'm sure if I concentrate it will be helpful. It seemd short and to the point and actually not as complex as my memory wants to convince me it is.

http://datawebcontrols.com/faqs/Hyperlinks/HyperlinkWithMultipleQuerystringValues.shtml

No comments: